WHAT are we aiming for?
Our COMPUTING curriculum is delivered as a weekly lesson using our school’s ICT suite or class set of iPads.
We engage in the Teach Computing scheme of work which has been adapted to suit our needs to engage further in Online Safety. This scheme focuses on the main strands of the computing curriculum; Computer Science, Information Technology and Digital Literacy. Online safety is taught using Project Evolve and is also promoted each year through the National Safer Internet Day. When computing skills have been taught, these are then applied in other areas where appropriate links can be made.
HOW do we achieve this?
Parents are invited into school yearly to join us on Internet Safety Day. During these workshops, parents learn alongside their children in a range of practical activities linked to a strand of the computing curriculum.
to create children who:
- recognise that technology is rapidly developing
- understand how to stay safe online
- are good digital citizens
- can use technology for a range of outcomes
- are skilled in programming and understand how to manipulate technology for a desired outcome
- are computational thinkers