Minnie – Our Well-being School Dog!
This is Minnie – our school well-being dog and newest member of our Forsbrook family. Minnie is a labradoodle who is based in the main office area. She works with individual and small groups of children to help reduce anxiety and to support our pupils mental health and wellbeing.
Benefits associated with Minnie attending Forsbrook include:
- A calming effect on pupils, particularly those with behavioural or learning difficulties
- Improved behaviour and concentration, reduce stress and improved self-esteem;
- Encouraging expression and participation in more withdrawn children
- Fostering a sense of responsibility
- Motivating pupils to think and to learn, as children have a high level of natural interest and enthusiasm for and enjoyment of animals;
- Encouraging respect and thereby improving pupils’ relationship with each other, parents and teachers;
- Teaching children to nurture and respect life;
- Helping work undertaken with the most vulnerable children, and educational improvements with low achievers.
- Helping children who suffer bereavement or who are upset in any way and in need of calm, comfort and space before being able to tell an adult what has upset them.
Please click on the following to view/save our school risk assessment:
|File Type||Subject||Date Posted|
|School Dog Risk Assessment||February 2023|
A PDF reader may be required in order to save and open documents listed on this page.
Click here to download and install Adobe Acrobat Reader for free, if needed.